Looking for a New York City or State agency?
Check here for a variety of resources for early childhood educators, directors or those working in early childhood organizations.

New York City Agencies


Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR & R)

Get help with: application assistance; child care network information; financial assistance information; legal services; and training.

TOLL FREE CCR & R HELPLINE: (888) 469-5999

Administration for Children's Services (ACS) - Division of Child Care and Head Start

Get help with: application assistance; child care network information; Head Start services; health & safety training; other types of training; start up funds information; health & safety training reimbursement information.

  • Bronx Resource Area (RA 1)
    400 East 145th Street, 2nd Floor
    Bronx, NY 10454
    (718) 401-2057

  • Brooklyn Resource Area (RA 3)
    151 Lawrence Street, 3rd Floor
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    (718) 488-5232

  • Manhattan Resource Area (RA 7)
    109 East 16 th Street, 5th Floor
    New York, NY 10003
    (212) 835-7724

  • Queens Resource Area (RA 8)
    90-75 Sutphin Blvd., 5th Floor
    Jamaica, NY 11435
    (212) 206-1090

Department of Education

Get help with: DOE changes; curriculum & instruction; policies; resources; best practices; DOE news; prospective teacher guidelines; professional development; employee services; professional organizations.

Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH) - Bureau of Day Care

Get help with: NYC regulations; licensing; inspection and violation history; orientation sessions to providers seeking certification.

  • Bronx and Manhattan
    1309 Fulton Avenue, 3rd Floor, Room 316
    Bronx, NY 10456
    (on the corner of E.169th Street and Fulton Avenue)
    (718) 579-7775

  • Brooklyn and Staten Island
    195 Montague Street, 6th Floor
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    (between Court Street and Clinton Street)
    (718) 222-6323

  • Queens
    120-34 Queens Boulevard
    4th Floor, Room 410 (or 411)
    Kew Gardens, NY 11415
    (between Union Turnpike and 82nd Avenue)
    (718) 520-4926 or 4927

Human Resources Administration (HRA)

For assistance call: CUNY Informal Family Child Care Project at (718) 254-7354
or Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies at (888) 469-5999

Get help with: childcare support; peer support for Informal Providers; childcare voucher assistance; technical assistance and support services to the informal providers.

  • The Human Resources Administration
    180 Water Street, 17th floor
    New York, NY, 10038

New York State Agencies


New York State Education Department (NYSED)

Get help with: resources for teachers and school administrators; New York State Learning Standards; Teacher Certification and licensing; educational organizations; curriculum resources.

  • State Education Department
    Education Building
    Albany, NY 12234
    Interactive Voice Response Phone Number: (518) 474-3852

New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)

Regional Offices

Get help with: day care regulations; health and safety concerns; starting or running a child care program; licensing; monitoring childcare programs.

  • Long Island Regional Office
    Courthouse Corporate Center
    320 Carlton Avenue, Suite 4000
    Central Islip, NY 11722
    (631) 342-7100

  • New York City Department of Health
    2 Lafayette Street, 22nd Floor
    New York, NY 10007
    (212) 280-9251
x close